Facebook Marketing Case Study: How Entergy Mobilized Facebook Fans to Fight Hunger
In conjunction with Hunger Action Month, Entergy partnered with Second Harvest Food Bank to create the Power to Fight Hunter Initiative, an extension of their Power to Care campaign.
This initiative encouraged individuals and families to find simple, actionable ways to be involved by raising awareness, making donations of food or funds, volunteering or attending sponsored events.
In addition, Entergy donated $2.50 for every “like” they received on Entergy’s Power to Care Facebook page during Hunger Action Month and Harvest the Music concert series to Second Harvest Food Bank to help fight hunger in Louisiana.
Social Media Marketing Challenges
- Entergy faced the challenge of spreading the word about the Power to Fight Hunger Initiative with a time constraint of only one month.
- In today’s world, many companies and campaigns have robust social media presences; therefore content posted had to be very appealing and engaging to users.
- The budget and resources were small and a creative solution was required.
Social Media Marketing Goals
- Increase awareness of how pervasive hunger is in New Orleans
- Increase awareness of National Hunger Action Month
- Increase online engagement and campaign awareness through Facebook
- Empower others to join the fight against hunger
- Promote the Harvest Music Festival
How We Executed This Campaign on Social Media
The Power to Fight Hunger campaign was primarily targeted toward New Orleans residents. Secondarily, the campaign was appropriate for a national audience interested in ways to help New Orleans, as well as other areas, fight hunger.
Social Media Strategy
- Utilize Entergy’s Power to Care Facebook page to engage followers with Power to Fight Hunger Initiative and drive traffic to the Fight Hunger Initiative and Harvest Music Festival landing pages through tabs.
- Create and engage through a Facebook landing page for the Fight Hunger Initiative to illustrate the overall cause and enforce the message that for each new like on Facebook, Entergy feeds ten people by donating $2.50 to the Second Harvest Bank.
- Create and engage through a Facebook landing page for the Harvest the Music festival including a customized playlist and information on the weekly festival.
- Use Facebook “Entergy Power to Care- Second Harvest” ad campaign to target users who were 18+, have “liked” Feeding America, Fundraising, Philanthropy, Volunteering and Second Harvest Food Bank that are not already connected to Power to Care Facebook page but have friends who are.
Facebook Marketing Results
This Facebook campaign saw a 54% increase in fan engagement month-over-month for Entergy, reaching more than 14,000 people and bringing them 1,899 new fans and 4881 site views.
Contact us for a free consultation today and see what FSC Interactive can do for your digital marketing strategy!